Dienstag, 28. Januar 2014

TWD: Vanilla Chiffon Roll

I like chiffon rolls, I like vanilla - I like these Vanilla Chiffon Rolls.
Usually, I guess I would do them with a jam-layer instead of a chocolate-nut-mousse, but why not try something else?

I had so much dough, my cake turned out too high. So I cut the cake in two layers and made two rolls. Like that, I had enough mousse for my taste but less than in the picture in the book.

Baking time was much longer but maybe I used a too small baking pan and the longer baking time was due to the height of the cake. Anyhow, I had no troubles handling the cake.

It is a bit time-consuming, but you can prepare the mousse and cake in advance.

I can imagine to use the cake dough for other variations as well. The mousse might not be my favourite, but I am no chocolate fan in general, so I don't blame the mousse. :-)

For the recipe have a look at Dorie Greenspans book on pp. 277-279 - and to see how beautiful this recipe can turn out when more experienced and better bakers do it, have a look at the TWD-group-page!


5 Kommentare:

  1. Love the look of you roll. The cake does take longer to bake then specified. That is also the experience of other TWD members

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Your chiffon roll looks great. Mine took longer to bake as well. Glad I tried it, as I was afraid of this recipe at first!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Looks just fine. It was fun, but did take lots of time. Mine didn't take long, but I did have a rather large pan.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Mine came out with less filling as well, due to the fact I forgot the cream! I can see this cake with many different fillings. I made one that had a spicy pumpkin filling. Delish.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. It looks good.

    Yes, this one did take a little longer to bake when the recipe said. I would rather have the jelly filling too :-)

    AntwortenLöschen